Friday, May 18, 2007

On our way!

We've finished what will likely be our last ice cream for a month and have about 20 minutes before we board our flight. We spent today touring New York City checking out Times Square and the WTC Memorial. Tonight we'll fly an all-nighter to London and tomorrow night another all-nighter touching down in Almaty Kazakhstan. From there, we'll fly to Astana and then on to the train for our last overnight adventure before reaching Arkalyk and our new son or daughter. We're tired just thinking about it!

Leaving JC was harder than I'd imagined. I've been a blubbering idiot most of the day. However, we talked with him and Aunt Jill earlier and things couldn't be better. Can't thank Aunt Jill and Uncle E enough! My heart hurts but he's in the best of hands.

So.... it's off for a quick hop across the pond for us. More soon!

3 comments:

Aunt Debby said...

I have been blubbering for you, so you can stop I'll take over, you be in good spirit to travel... hard work all by itself... and to pick our new baby. I have been thinking about how you would ever pick a child. A daunting task at best... It will be like going to a party, and you are just drawn to some people because of chemistry or whatever. I'm just sure when you get in that room or nursery, you will just be drawn to our little gift from God. Don't worry. God picked a perfect little Dude #1, there is absoulutly no reason to not be absoulutly sure he will pick perfect Dude or Dudette #2. And Dude #1 is just fine as are all of his care givers and you and Tim, because you can't wander around with so many praying for you without great things in the works. Fear not, for I am with you. PS thats from the big guy not me. Just in case you were wondering. Love and patience to you both. We are all with you... in heart and spirit and blubbering. It's a gift you know if you don't use it you loose it. Love Aunt Debby

Anonymous said...

Overnight train? I thought you got to drive and get a decent night's sleep before heading off to the orphanage.

I am sure it was tough leaving JC but just remember you are doing this in order to give him the biggest gift you can ever give him - a sibling!

Keep us posted, cannot wait to hear more. I've been thinking of you all day as you start your journey of the heart!

Katie

Aunt Jill said...

Noone should worry about JC, he is adapting very well to his new surroundings. Take this morning, for instance. One of the first things he said to me was "watch movie today, Aunt Jill?" :) Don't worry, we played outside today too!