Monday, May 21, 2007

JC Update from Virginia

For those of you that know our son, you'll be surprised to read (from Aunt Jill) he's taken a fancy to Spider Man flip flops vs. Cinderella. Here's the email update we've been laughing at all morning. We miss our little dude sooooo much and know he's in great hands!

From Aunt Jill: "Today, JC, Laney & I went searching for Spider Man Flip Flops. They do have them everywhere, but they were not in his size. We searched and searched. There were a lot of the Teva type sandles...but those simply would not do. Finally I broke down and went to Payless. Not only did they have Spider Man flip flops but they even LIGHT UP! Oh the joy & excitement. When we went to the register to pay, we passed a Spider Man backpack. We simply had to have the matching set. So tonight, your son is sleeping with his sippy cup, puppy, Spider Man backpack, and is WEARING the Spider Man flip flops. Oh to be 2 1/2 again.... By the way, earlier tonight, he donned the flip flops and backpack, tucked puppy under his arm and announced that he "have to go now..." When I asked where he was going he replied.."to Kazakhstan to see Daddy. I'll be right back!" I had to laugh at that one!"

2 comments:

Aunt Debby said...

Well it appears JC's time in VA has been well spent, and Aunt Jill even though it is a house full of fancy flip flops, Sorry Eric I know you are "representin your peeps" (the male population) has scored on steering JC towards true manhood.. It is only day 5 and the majority of his current world may still win out, things sound good for now... Unless anyone else got as big a kick out of Mr Tim being so cool and pretending it was ok with him if his BOY was "into" glitter shoes, nail polish, and purses, as I did. I will miss this, so AuntJill and all will come to r ealize I suppose one reason MOAD is my name. Jill if you love this side of the family at all you will leave some joy intact. Love to you all. keep the stories coming, I have checked the blog no less than 5 times tonight alone. Perhaps I need to get my own life... NAH
Love to you all we are anxiously waiting to see if we have Jill in the blue dress or the chunky 14 month old whats his name. We know and you know what ever you choose is fine with us and we will do our best to ruin this one too!!!
PS girls are fun. no pressure! no really I am having so much fun talking about brides maids dresses,, oh sorry no pressure. Oh yea Jan and I are busy working on the anniversary party... oh sorry no pressure
really I love boys. Bob got his cast off today, has a removable brace he has to wear for another month. He is wonderful.
You know I'm just being silly, it's late and the brain is done. Probably not as done as yours. Can't wait for the news.
Good night,
much love and unquestioning support,
Aunt Debby... Alias MOAD

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Was Tim steering JC towards the sequins or did five days with Marine make JC into a man???

I am so glad that JC is doing great. I knew he would be.

Debby, I love your post, it is too funny, especially the end, I was laughing out loud.

So, you are keeping us all in suspense on whether it is Jill or Jake. I too am obsessivly checking the blog for an update.